Authors submitting to this journal can opt to use a new service that will make it easier to share research data.
We are delighted to announce that the 7th annual BMC Ecology image competition launches today! Submit your images for a chance to highlight your research, win prizes, and have your photography featured in BMC Ecology.
Please note that the deadline for submissions has now been extended to 29th February 2020. We expect the winners to be announced in March 2020.
The Editors of BMC Developmental Biology, BMC Ecology and BMC Evolutionary Biology announce the launch of the cross-journal thematic series on eco-evo-devo, the effect of the environment of development and evolution. Please click the above link for further information and to submit to the collection.
Deadline for submissions is 30th April 2020.
Aims and scope
- Alison Cuff, BioMed Central
- Cecilia Pennica, BioMed Central
- Joseph Minus, BioMed Central
- Michel Baguette, Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle
- Simon Blanchet, Station d'Ecologie Experimentale du CNRS
- Jean Clobert, Station d'Ecologie Experimentale du CNRS
- David Hughes, Penn State University
- Luke Jacobus, Indiana University
- Dominique Mazzi, Agroscope
- Sandrine Pavoine, Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle
- Josef Settele, Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ
Prof. Dr. Josef Settele is Head of Animal Ecology and Social-Ecological Research at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Germany. His research interests are broad, covering conservation and evolutionary biology of insects, biodiversity and land use, and interdisciplinary cooperation and project co-ordination in biodiversity.
Data support service
BMC Series blog
16 January 2020
2018 Journal Metrics
Portable Peer Review
The editors of BMC Ecology support initiatives that expedite the peer review process and are happy to consider manuscripts that have been reviewed in Peerage of Science. Please indicate in your cover letter if this applies to your manuscript.